Thursday, February 4, 2016

Flowers From the Storm, by Laura Kinsale

     From the cover and beginning few pages I thought I’d not finish this;  that it was a boring rich Duke-poor girl romance.  I’m glad I persevered.  I thought the Duke had been poisoned by his lover until the last few pages and that he’d be cured of his disability that over-took him at a duel with his lover’s husband.  He is committed as an idiot because he can’t communicate and is violent.  His family wants his money, properties and position.  I don’t know how anyone could write the dialog for him if they haven’t experienced the mangled effects on his brain that inhibits his communication and thinking.  Just that kept me intrigued to the end.  It’s not exactly a happy ever after love story.  There are still complications ahead. 8 out of 10.  Just don’t give up until at least 50 pages into the story!




No comments:

Post a Comment