Friday, May 11, 2012

Hope and no hope; Daybreak by Belva Plain








                         

The unthinkable heart break for two families whose lives are irrecoverably intertwined.  I wanted to hit one character over the head because his denial was so complete.  Then, come to find out, he is a dirty dog on more ways than the main issue would expect. Two babies were switched in the hospital when they were newborns.  Medical tests for illness confirms the fact, but not the how.  I didn't figure out how ahead of the story's revelation.  I was thinking a whole different train of events and Boy! was I wrong. Wonderful character development.  Challenging characters with difficult to grasp personalities.  If I'd been the Moms, how would I have reacted?  Controversial issues-medical, racial, family relationships.  Great read. This is the twelfth Belva Plain book I've read and they are all good.  This was a 9 out of 10 as many of hers have been.  A plot you can carry around with you when you aren't reading, but you can put it down and come back later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment