Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tears, But Not Sobs; Nicholas Sparks' Novel, The Best of Me



Another I can't put it down until I'm done story.  I knew near the end where it was headed, but how would it be reconciled?  My husband knows how sometimes I sob and sob when reading this author.  So when I asked him at bed time if he wanted me to just stay on the couch and finish the book, then wake him when I came to bed, or should I just finish it there beside him, he was OK with me staying put and the light wouldn't bother him.  Keep in mind it was already past midnight and he is an early riser...silly man. But he was concerned about the uncontrolled sobbing shaking the bed, not the light on VERY late!  The story ended at 1:40 am, for me. 

During the whole story I just couldn't see how it could be a "get what you want" story for the heroine.  What a great love story.  Sniff, sniff.  Family dynamics, even from non-family.  Wonderful twists and "No!" twists.  Nicholas Sparks does not let me down when I want a good book.  Read it. A 9 on my 1-10 scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment