Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Reading Challenge, House Rules, by Jodi Picoult

Jodi Picoult chooses tough topics for her wonderful novels.  This time it is Asperger's Syndrome.  Again the book's "chapters" are written from each character's point of view, including the main character.  The content is certainly intended to educate the reader about the struggle of those with Asperger's Syndrome and their families.  It was slow going, giving each character a chance to "speak" about their angle on the unfolding plot.  I'm still struggling with the ending.  There were sub-plots I hoped would be dealt with before the story quit.  Not a typical climax to the story with the relaxing softening ending to tie up the loose ends.  I want a sequel.  Another good read.  8 on a scale of 1-10.  Which means I'll keep her name on my "get more of her books" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment