Monday, July 26, 2021

Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl by Torey L. Hayden

 

9 out of 10. As a former teacher I kept checking to see if this was a true story. It appears it is. I absolutely could not have handled teaching even one of her students in that special ed class of 4 and then 5. Alone. No para-educator to help. The teacher and author, Torey Hayden, had more patience in her little finger than I have in my whole body. But, when little Jadie started spinning her tales, I'm glad Hayden took notes for the book. Truth or fiction coming out was very hard to determine. I like to think more would have been done sooner now than when this happened in the 1980's, but I question the truth of that. Abuse, satanism, no proof, sexual abuse, fact or fiction. No child who hadn't lived her nightmare, at that age, could have come up with the ideas she shared with her teacher. But it was still over a year before action was started. And still no proof found. I couldn't read too many pages in one setting. It was too disturbing. Read in July of 2020.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment