Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  The more I got into this the more and more I liked it.  Then, whammy, it changed completely in the middle of the book and threw me for a loop.  It is the most unique book I have read in a long time.  It just kept getting more and more complicated and wrapped around itself.  It is basically about a married couple.  She disappears and he is getting the blame.  That is the end of the normalcy.  I don’t think there is any relationship between two people in the entire book that is anywhere near normal. Nope, I keep reviewing the characters and they are all weird.  Maybe one of her old school friends, but that gal has had mental breakdowns.  There must be gazillions of boring book clubs all over the world agonizing over the motives, causes, and reflections of this doozy of a book. Suckers.  I didn’t like the ending.  There has to be something that could be done. But going over the problem again and again,  I don’t have the brain to see what he can do.  This plot has been so carefully thought out.  The author has to be such a brainiac!   The minute I finished it I was disgusted by the ending. Not so, now.  9+ out of 10. READ it.  Then go appreciate the wonderful relationships you have.



No comments:

Post a Comment