Saturday, August 11, 2012

Novel Review: Mistral's Daughter by Judith Krantz



Mistral's Daughter by Judith Krantz, ©1982.   Three generations of women each contribute to the plot which switches back and forth between France and the United States, starting in 1925.  Mistral is a French painter who in my opinion is the villain of the story.  However, he is also the common thread.  Struggle, affairs, successes.   Mistral is the first lover of the first woman; lover also of her daughter; father to the third woman.   I can't identify with any of them.  It seems to me they all contributed to their own problems because of poor morals, selfishness, and stupidity.  Eventually all are wealthy.  WWII problems add to the mix.  I wouldn't start it again if hindsight was foresight.  6 on my 1-10 scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment