Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Emerald Swan by Jane Feather; A Decent Read



The Emerald Swan by Jane Feather.  Intriguing premise of the lives of separated twins in the late 1500's.  But I didn't have it in my head as that early as I got into the story. It seemed more 1700's to me.  Politics, politics, politics.  The bane of the rich and famous.  Death and mayhem leads to the twins' separation when they are only toddlers.  One lives the life of a street performer and one is a coddled upper class girl, as both would have been.  One would make a prized wife to the future king of France, but which one is he romancing? Believable characters.  Insight into the court of England's Queen. Sprinkled with humor.  8 on a 1 to 10 scale.  I've been singling out this author for more reads.  Don't expect it in a fancy reading club story, just enjoy the escape of a good read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment