Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris

Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris.  5/10.  Now that I have the rating there is no mystery about how much I didn’t like the book.  Another one I didn’t finish. Made it through two-thirds of it and was complaining to Hubby when he smartly asked, “Then why are you still reading it?”  Score one for him, zero for David Sedaris.  The book is a series of short non-related stories, although some intertwine.  Good for short bursts of reading.  Eventually the vignettes got into relationship ruts I wasn’t interested in pursuing time after time after time.  I got it the first time and didn’t need to be hit in the head with it.  I quit when I got to the part, finally, that said anything about owls as the title suggested.  Ho-hum.  The new book I started is much better!  Don’t bother with this one.  For more reviews: http://queenbeewritings.blogspot.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment